PZL-Świdnik and the Świdnik Town Hall sign the letter of intent related to organisation of the 1st ŚWIDNIK AIR FESTIWAL 2018
- PZL-Świdnik and the Town Hall of Świdnik have signed the letter of intent assuming close cooperation during organisation of an air show under the name of “I ŚWIDNIK AIR FESTIWAL 2018”
- Even as many as 300 thousand spectators will have the opportunity to admire flights among others of helicopters produced in Świdnik, i.e. W-3 Sokół, SW-4 and the venerable Mi-2 models, as well as several military and civilian airplanes
- The show will take place partly on the area owned by PZL-Świdnik, the plant that has been manufacturing helicopters for more than 60 years.
Świdnik, 24th April 2018
The Town Hall of Świdnik and PZL-Świdnik are pleased to inform about initiation of cooperation in the performance of an air show under the name of “I ŚWIDNIK AIR FESTIWAL 2018”, to be held on 9th-10th June 2018 in Świdnik. The parties have signed the letter of intent pursuant to which they undertake to initiate joint actions aimed to acquire financing, promote and perform the event.
- It is with great pleasure that we have become involved in an undertaking that has a chance to become a permanent item in the calendar of the most important air shows in Poland – said Mieczysław Majewski, president of the board in PZL-Świdnik. – As the co-host we will ensure full logistic support and security for the event so that every aviation fan can leave Świdnik having the best possible impressions – Majewski assures.
The shows will take partly within the area of the PZL-Świdnik plant. The organisers envisage as many as 30 thousand spectators daily and declare a great impetus of the undertaking. The air show will feature aircraft manufactured in the Świdnik plant, which is the only place in Poland where Polish-designed helicopters are produced The highlights of the show will be comprised by flights of W-3 Sokół, SW-4 and legendary Mi-2 rotorcraft. The static exposition will feature also the historic SM-1 and SM-2 helicopters, which initiated over 60 years of history of the adventure of Świdnik with helicopter industry. Moreover, in-flight demonstrations of military and civilian airplanes are envisaged.
- We are very excited about cooperation with PZL-Świdnik for the event that will become a showcase of the town and region – says Waldemar Jakson, Mayor of Świdnika. – This is not the first case of our joint actions and I am convinced that the aviation experience of PZL-Świdnik guarantees excellent organisation of the event.
According to assumptions underlying the cooperation, PZL-Świdnik will ensure comprehensive logistic support during I ŚWIDNIK AIR FESTIWAL 2018. For the benefit of the show, the in-plant heliport and hangar will be made available. The plant will also provide premises for the teams performing during the event. PZL-Świdnik will also take care of the security of the participants. It will be guaranteed by the in-plant Fire Brigade and heliport zone security service. Additionally employees of the plant will help in ground transportation of airplanes and helicopters. Also the airport traffic control tower will be prepared and made available by the producer for the time of the air show.
The event named I ŚWIDNIK AIR FESTIWAL 2018 was entered into the calendar named “100 events for the 100th anniversary of the Polish Airforce” and is co-financed form the funds of the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage.