• The oldest helicopter unit in Poland. i.e. the 56th Air Base in Inowrocław, where – among others - PZL-Świdnik-made W-3PL and Mi-2 helicopters are quartered, celebrates the 54th anniversary of its establishment
• Mi-2 helicopters, with approximately 5500 units manufactured so far by PZL-Świdnik – celebrate the 50th anniversary of service in the Armed Forces of the Republic of Poland.
On Monday, 10th October, Prime Minister Beata Szydło paid a visit to PZL-Świdnik. She was accompanied by Deputy Ministers: for Defence - Bartosz Kownacki, and for Development - Radosław Domagalski-Łabędzki. Government representatives visited the helicopter Final Assembly Line, the Aviation Plant and the Flight Line, and met with the staff of PZL-Świdnik.
Leonardo-Finmeccanica: official handover of W-3PL Głuszec and W-3RM Anakonda helicopters and opening of the new MRO center in ŚŚwidnik 27/06/2016
• Handover of the last W-3PL Głuszec helicopter in the second series of four machines modernized in Świdnik; consequently the total of 8 Głuszec helicopters will be in service of the Polish Army
• Two first out of five W-3RM Anakondas modernized in Świdnik are being provided to the Polish Navy
• A new MRO center is being established in PZL-Świdnik to improve client and product support.
Leonardo-Finmeccanica: PZL-Świdnik demonstrates W-3PL Głuszec helicopter at the International Exhibition - AIR FAIR 2016 in BydBydgoszcz 20/05/2016
• PZL-Świdnik demonstrates its flagship product – W-3PL Głuszec helicopter – being in daily service of the 56th Air Base in Inowrocław
• W-3PL Głuszec resulted from cooperation of PZL-Świdnik, the Polish Armed Forces and the Air Force Institute of Technology; it is currently used by the Polish Land Forces
Finmeccanica: PZL-Świdnik makes history of aircraft in Poland celebrating the 60th anniversary of helicopter productionWarsaw 22/04/2016
• The Special Rotorcraft Conference celebrating the 60th anniversary of the launch of helicopter production in PZL-Świdnik starts the cycle of jubilee events.
• PZL-Świdnik is the only producer of helicopters of Polish design, which has provided almost 160 aircraft of this type to the Polish Armed Forces so far.
• More than 7400 helicopters manufactured in Świdnik serve in over 40 countries worldwide: as military, rescue and civilian machines.
Deputy Prime Minister of Poland and Minister of Science and Higher Education visits PZL-Świdnik plantŚwidnik 17/03/2016
• Demonstration of the capabilities and technological potential of the only producer of Polish helicopters and the main supplier to the Polish Armed Forces
• Presentation of multi-million investments in the development of state-of-the-art aviation technologies in Poland including the new AW009 helicopter and the unmanned SW-4 Solo
• Biggest exporter in the Polish defence sector today, exceeding 700 million PLN in 2015
Uganda Police Force Takes Delivery of GrandNew and W-3A Sokol Helicopters for Law Enforcement MissionsEntebbe, Uganda 18/12/2015
• The event marks the delivery of the 100th helicopter by Finmeccanica-AgustaWestland and PZL- Świdnik for the African commercial and para-public helicopter market
• Contract signed in June 2014 including a comprehensive training and support package
• Nearly 180 Sokols and almost 220 GrandNew helicopters sold to customers worldwide so far
Demonstration highlights Finmeccanica-AgustaWestland’s expertise in unmanned rotorcraft
Demonstration of the AW149 helicopter at the biggest business event in the Central Europe
The Lublin Cluster for Advanced Aerospace Technology as an opportunity for Lublin’s business and economyLublin 31/03/2015
Innovation development and competitiveness growth of the city of Lublin and the adjacent region through know-how flows and strengthening of cooperative links between companies, universities and institutions concerned with aviation technologies – those are the major goals of the Lublin Cluster for Advanced Aerospace Technology established last year by the City Office of Lublin, the Marshal Office of Lubelskie Voivodeship and PZL-Świdnik. After successful completion of the organisational stage, the Cluster has entered the phase of active operations for the support and development of state-of-the-art aviation technologies in Lubelskie region. Further development plans for the Cluster were presented at a conference held on 31st March in the Lublin City Hall.